1. Chile is the longest country in the world with a latitude of 38 latitudes and a length of 4,620 km from north to south.
2. The Chilean national flag is similar to the Texas flag.
3. In 2007, in the city of Valparaiso, Chile, at the beginning of the year, they organized 16,000 fireworks displays for the Guinness Book of Records.
4. With more than 100 wineries in the country, it is the fifth country to produce the most wine in the world.
5. It is one of the few countries with “UFO research organization”.
6. In the country there are different surnames of husbands and wives. Those with the same surname are considered siblings.
7. Chile is one of the countries with the lowest divorce rate in the world. The divorce is legal since 2005.
8. The Patagonia region in Chile and Argentina is one of the cleanest places in the world.
9. The Atacama Desert in the country is the worst desert in the world, and there is not even a drop of rain that you can see in the archives.
10. It is Ferdinand Magellan who gives the name to Patagonia and means Big Foot.
11. Scottish sailor Alexander Selkirk lived alone for 4 years in the Juan Fernandez Islands, in the Alps. According to a belief, Daniel Defoe’s novel inspired Robinson Crusoe.
12. The 867 Moais statue found on the island of Easter is built for their gods and chefs, is 7 meters tall.
13. Some Alerce trees in southern Chile are 4000 years old.
14. In 1960, about 1,500 people died in the earthquake of 9.5 size in South Chile, and 2,000 were homeless. This earthquake has been the worst earthquake in the world since 1900.
15. It is the country and exporter of the world’s largest copper reserves.
16. Chile began exporting salmon in 1984, the second largest producer after Norway.
17. On September 11, 1973, 4000 people were executed in the military zone. Hundreds of thousands were tortured and one million people left the country.
18. Ojos del Salado, the largest volcano in the world, is in Chile.
19. The world’s smallest deer, the pudú, is in Chile.
20. The Museo Arqueológico San Miguel de Azapa hosts the oldest mummies of the world with its 7200 years history.
21. The runway at Mataveri Airport, on Easter Island, is an alternative landing for NASA’s space flights.
1 1 1