Turkey is a safe place to visit unless you get as you use your common sense and precaution. Governments around the world are not advised to travel south-east of the country (Syria border) and Diyarbakir, Siirt, Tunceli and Hakkari provinces on this border, constantly due to the risk of terrorism. The last terrorist attack in Turkey was held in Istanbul in 2016 New Year’s Eve in a nightclub.
Turkey Safety Map
street crime is low in Turkey but is likely especially on defrauded of travelers. You should pay attention to those who are trying to approach you and sell something while you are walking around in tourist areas. One of the most fraudulent methods in Istanbul is an extra bill on a restaurant where you sit. Before eating or drinking in a place, ask for the price and get information about the prices. There is a benefit if you go with a small amount of money.
Your visit to Turkey, Turkey’s culture to understand and respect is very important. Especially religious places should be respected. Religious respects are most important, you should travel with clothes that will not show your arms and legs in the mosque.
General Security Information
1. Pickpocketing and baggage are especially common in tourist areas such as Taksim Square, Sultanahmet, Grand Bazaar and the Egyptian Bazaar in Istanbul.
2. Regions shouldn’t be visited on the Syrian border in Turkey.
3. In general, it is safe to transport in Turkey. However, travelers must always keep an eye on their products.
4. Turkey, targeted by a terrorist group beyond the Syrian border. in Turkey, the Turkish army in southeastern Turkey and eastern regions in the fight against the terrorist group from Kurdistan workers party.
5. It is recommended that female passengers stay away from isolated places and don’t travel alone in the dark. In addition, there is a possibility that women will be touched by hand in public transport.